Whenever I open Facebook, there is someone getting married, someone getting a job or someone pursuing higher studies.
There are self-appreciating posts of glorious achievements.
When I open anyone's profile, the huge list of job experiences seem like the aunty next door shouting about her child's glory.
When I go out with my friends and they talk about work and having an independent life, I feel awkward when they ask about mine.
"So Puja, what are you up-to?
Nothing, just playing..." Once you mention that you are not working or studying, criticism starts bursting in their minds but they wont express it as they cant be disrespectful you see.
Instead they say "we envy your life."
Maybe they do or maybe it's just a better way of saying "wtf are you doing, why you being so lazy!"
Sometimes such things make you question yourself, whether you are being too ignorant or too lazy.
No, I am not being lazy.
I took a break. A proper clean break.
Have you heard the concept?
Since nursery I have been following the steps required.
I made it a point to have a shining report card so that my parents could gloat.
I made it a point to a leave the comfort of my home and survive on dal and rice and sometimes even just had biscuits and water to experience studying outside the shackles of West Bengal Board.
Thus, I finished my Masters also without any break in between.
So when I learnt swimming or ukulele or went for a trip for the first time without my parents or started my blog, I saw them as more achieving than the gold medal which is only remembered by many but me.
The medal will fade away but what about the things I learnt? Arent they more valuable than a piece of gold?
When will be our personality growth more important than our resume?
It's just my way of saying that it's OK to not have a plan.
If everyone is rushing, it's OK to walk slowly.
At least you are walking.
So for everyone out there still figuring out the missing puzzles, it is OK.
Walk around, keep your eyes open and let your heart listen.
Live a little
:)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts