The Night

2am. Yet again I stir restlessly in my bed. The blanket gives me no comfort and the pillow seems like a brick. Every night, just like this I lie awake, hoping that the 'sleep fairy', if she exists, will put me in some sleeping spell. Alas, fairy tales are not coming to my rescue. The old stunts from counting sheep to listening to soothing music goes all in vain. You see, the night is not only the time when the world sleeps and the hustle and bustle of the city comes to a halt, but also, it seems like the whole world has somehow slowed down. And you are filled with the possibilities of everything, some which are entirely successful only in your head, but some which can be achieved. Apart from all the novel tales we imagine, the night also gives me the reminder of us. Yes, you heard me right. The sweet whispers to each other, lulling us to sleep. The promises of tomorrow and of the wide future. It reminds me of the times I silently escaped my house with the moon still shining on my back. I can still make out the barks of the dogs which made my heart beat strong in my ears, but the hope of seeing you soon would give me strength to walk on silently.

3am. We embrace each other after the successful meeting even while everyone around us still are dreaming.

4am. The smokes encircled the room as you would talk passionately about our interest, while playing with your hair. Oh that distracting tufts of hair brushing your forehead!

5am. We would lie close together, our hearts beating in sync, your shallow breathe on my skin. I can remember how one touch of yours gave me goosebumps. One kiss and it was enough to shut out all the worries of being suddenly discovered by others.

6am. I can see the sun slowly taking its daily place. As you would drop me after mouthing the words "I love you", I would go back to my bed, nestling myself to sleep, waiting to be held by you again.

7am. Almost everyone is awake. I can hear my mother busy making tea and my father reading the daily affairs. The shops are opening and slowly everyone gets ready to begin the day. But for me, there are no late-night calls, sudden meetings at the break of the dawn or your sleeping face beside me. Its just me, lying on my bed, desperately trying to stop the cycle of your thoughts.

Thus, when the city wakes up, that is only when my mind's eye takes rest. Alas, to be continued in my dreams.

You see love, our film never stops.
It continues with me.

Comments

Popular Posts